1.3.12

My first Lutterloh pattern // Preview finished blouse and skirt


Today I tried drawing my first Lutterloh pattern... 






I picked this simple, but lovely skirt:




The Lutterloh patterns are miniatures. With a special scale ruler you are able to convert the pattern to your own size. With help of the ruler and given distances from a certain point, you're able to convert the pattern to your own size. 




It was real fun making the pattern. It reminded me of my childhood. Like the drawings I made back then, you have to connect dots with each other to make something out of it.



After I was finished, I checked the measurements and it seems a little too big. But I don't make any changes yet, I prefer fitting the skirt on my body and then alter the patterns.



A couple of days ago I finished the 40s/50s inspired blouse. This weekend I will make proper pictures, but i couldn't wait. So here is a preview:




The skirt I finished a while ago. It's a full circle skirt. Above the hem I added two rows of white ribbon. As a subtle detail I added 2 tiny bows on the ribbon:




I hope you like it!


























6 comments:

  1. love the blouse and skirt combo, very preppy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's still one of my favourite outfits!

      Delete
  2. I like the white ribbon as it makes a simple circle skirt look nautical. i'm on the look out for the perfect fabric to make one!I find the The Lutterloh patterns
    very interesting idea and never heard of them before.I had some pattern making courses many years ago so it seems like in the middle of making one yourself and tracing.











    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are right! The system is a bit in between of pattern drafting and tracing patterns!

      Delete
  3. I have always wanted to try one of those self draft patterns, but I have been to worried I would mess it up, I'm looking forward to see how it comes out! your blouse and skirt are both adorable and go so well together, those little bows on the skirt are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi sou do Brasil

    Tenho os moldes no padrão lutterloh mas no meu pais não vende a fita com medidas especiais onde posso encontra-la?? Ou existe como faze-la em casa??

    Beijão

    E-mail ola@feitoscomamor.com
    elyne@a-ideia.com

    https://www.facebook.com/ElyneRenatha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!