28.3.12

Weekly Update // Preview Blouse and Skirt

Sewing Weekend
Last weekend was great. We went to a group accomodation in a farm and it was all about sewing. I never thought I could spend that many hours behind my sewing machine. I finished the 40s inspired blouse and started with the 70s dress. Here are some quick pics on a dress form. I will try to get some pics wearing the blouse this weekend. 





40s skirt
The last few days I started working on my 40s Lutterloh skirt. At first the fit wasn't quite right. The darts were way too big which resulted in ugly bumps at the end of the darts. I made some adjustments and the fit is way better this way. The darts are smaller now. But this way the skirt turned out too big so I had to alter the side seams of the skirt as well. The skirt is a little bit too long and needs to be shortened a couple of inches.


Knitting
The cardigan is progressing as well. I finished the back part and started with one of the front pannels. 
I almost finished knitting my bolero, but onfortunately I runned out of yarn. The yarn I used were some left overs from another project but it wasn't enough after all. I ordered new yarn so I can finish it soon.




 As I told you already I like to work on multiple projects. When I finish the bolero I want to try stranded/Fair Isle knitting. A year ago I bought a Dutch book with beret patterns. It's called 'Baretten Breien' and contains beautiful Fair Isle knitting patterns. I never dared to make anything out of it, because it seems so difficult. But now I'm more experienced and I'm really eager to learn this technique. I want to start with the red/orange beret. I picked an easy pattern, because you have to use 5 double pointed needles and a circular kneelde. I haven't used any of them so far so it will be a big challenge without any complex Fair Isle patterns.






To do list this week
This week I need to finish some of my assignments for sewing course. I hopeto finish the 40s skirt as well. If I have time left I want to start on the red skirt my boyfriends grandmother asked me to make.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!