4.11.12

Inspiration: Knitting something for him

I planned to finish sewing my 40s blouse today. But I'm feeling so tired. I woke up with a major headache and I know that if I'm going to work on my blouse it will be a disaster.  Instead I cleaned the house and now I'm installed on the couch with a pot of tea, my laptop and a box of knitting patterns.



Last year, yes I know it's been a while, I promised R. to knit a sweater for him. But it never happened. Because I almost finished the Dasha sweater, I started thinking about new knitting projects and realised I could finally start with R's sweater. 

Of course R's going to make the final decision. But I selected some pretty sweaters from which he can choose. Below you see my favourites. They are all from the Libelle's knitting supplements ranging from 1948 til 1952. 

I especially love the right one. Love the V-neck and the cables. 

Great cardigan with a nice, but maybe complicated knitting pattern. 

Another cable sweater!

 Love the different cables at the centre!

 This cable pattern is gorgeous!

 Great cardigan with pockets and V-neck

 Love the subtle cable pattern of this one

Another great V-necked cardigan

Love the horizontal cables on the shoulders. But I would change the height of the ribbing at the bottom.

Love the contrasting colour of the collar, cuffs and pocket.

Which one is your favourite?

1 comment:

  1. All of these sweaters are so elegantly handsome. I love vintage menswear, especially fall and winter styles, which of course sweaters are a big part of. Each of these examples is a gem for sure, but I think my very favourite is the one with the subtle cable knit.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!