Just a quick update. I feel I'm not very productive lately. Last month was quite a busy month, so I really wanted to catch up on sewing this past weekend. But somehow I was so tired I only did some house cleaning, I tried to sew a little but it just didn't go well. I know how it goes when I'm pushing myself to sew something, although I feel I'm not in the right mood, things go wrong and I'm getting frustrated. Instead, I picked up my embroidery of the purple cardigan and I blocked three pieces of my Dasha sweater.
Today I felt like sewing again, I worked a bit on my 40s blouse.
I made the sleeve splits and sewed the collar and facing to the bodice. This took quite some time because the instructions weren't that clear.
I also basted the front, back and one sleeve together of the Dasha sweater. I had a discussion with one of the ladies at the knitting cafe I'm attending. She tought my sweater came out way too small. It got me a bit insecure because I thought I was resizing the sweater correctly. I just tried it on and it fits! I'm so happy. I've been working on this sweater for months now. I reknitted the front piece and part of the back piece to get the right size. Yes, my first resizing of the pattern did not go very well. It is one big learning process, but I will write more about that when the sweater is finished!
Now I need to knit the second sleeve and finish it up!