28.1.13

New knitting pattern: Weldon A790

I simply couldnt resist buying another vintage knitting pattern. A couple of weeks ago I came across Weldon's A790 Egyptian Fair Isle jumper and I fell in love with it straight away!


Ik kon de verleiding niet weerstaan, en ik heb dus een vintage breipatroon gekocht. Een paar weken geleden kwam ik Weldons A790 Egyptian Fair Isle jumper tegen, en die vond ik toch wel erg leuk!

Source
I studied archaeology and I love (ancient) history in general, so this jumper combines (almost) everything I like: knitting, ancient history and vintage!

Ik heb archeologie gestudeerd, en ik ben gek op (oude) geschiedenis in het algemeen, dus dit truitje combineert veel van mijn interesses, namelijk: breien, (oude)geschiedenis en vintage!







6 comments:

  1. Ok, that is the MOST FANTASTIC SWEATER KNITTING PATTERN I THINK I HAVE EVER SEEN. Wow! Just wow! I really can't wait to see how it turns out! So beautiful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This is the loudest, most awesome pattern ever. So amazingly over the top, I totally understand that you had to have this. I wish I was at colour work knitting level already :-( maybe some day. And when I get there I want to knit something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not the experienced myself with colourwork, this would be my 3rd colourwork project and I've been knitting for a bit more then 1,5 year. It looks harder then it is. You have to care about tension, and you have to count the stitches. Otherwise its just stockinette.

      Delete
  3. This is so, so marvelously cool! A fellow (online) vintage friend is really into early 20th century Egyptian revival fashions at the moment, and her enthusiasm for them has rubbed off on me, so this sweater couldn't me more timely. I'm going to send my friend the link to this post right now.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click on source below the picture you're forwarded to Etsy, where I bought the pattern!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!