15.2.13

Sew For Victory Sewalong


You have probably already read about Rochelle's Sew For Victory Sewalong on other blogs. Well, I decided to join too!

Waarschijnlijk hebben jullie al gelezen over de Sew For Victory Sewalong die door Rochelle wordt georganiseerd. Ik heb besloten om ook mee te doen!





This will be my first sewalong. I never participated before because most of the times it does not fit my sewing schedule. But this one does fit in perfectly, so why not join?!

Dit wordt my eerste sewalong. Ik heb nog nooi eerder aan iets dergelijks meegedaan, omdat ik vaak al andere projecten heb gepland. Maar deze sewalong past perfect bij mijn huidige project, dus waarom niet meedoen?!



I want to use the Lutterloh 1941 jumper dress and the bow blouse. I already decided that I wanted to use this blouse pattern for a simple white blouse, without the bows. But I think they're so cute, so I'm planning on making two blouses one with and one without the bows. 

De Lutterloh 1941 jumper, en de blouse met strikken wil ik gaan maken tijdens deze sewalong. Ik had inmiddels al besloten om het blousepatroon te gebruiken voor een witte blouse, maar dan zonder strikjes. De strikjes zijn zo leuk, dat ik heb besloten om ook een versie met strikjes te maken.  

My first plan was to use a marine colored curdory I already had in my stash. But onfortunately I have not enough. I went looking around for similar fabric, first some shops in a city nearby and later on the internet. But I couldn't find the right color. Luckily, I stumbled on another lovely curdory fabric with printed flowers. I think it's perfect for my dress!

In eerste instantie wilde ik een donkerblauwe ribstof gebruiken. Deze stof had ik nog in mijn kast liggen, maar helaas heb ik hier niet genoeg van. Ik heb rondgekeken voor een soortgelijke stof, eerst in winkels en later op internet, maar ik kon de juiste kleur niet vinden. Gelukkig, kwam ik wel een ander mooi ribstofje tegen. Deze heeft een mooie bloemenprint, en is perfect voor mijn jurk!


The pattern for the jumper dress is ready. I sewed a muslin and corrected the pattern. Last week I made a start with the blouse pattern. I have 3(!) days off and a quite empty agenda this weekend. This means lots of sewing! I hope I make some great progress!

Het patroon voor de jurk is klaar. Ik heb een proefmodel gemaakt en deze aangepast. Afgelopen week ben ik begonnen met het tekenen van het blousepatroon. Ik heb 3 dagen vrij en niet al te veel gepland. Dus ik heb veel tijd om aan mijn projecten te werken! Ik hoop dat ik goed zal vorderen!

Have a nice and creative weekend!
Een fijn en creatief weekend toegewenst!






11 comments:

  1. Have fun in this sew along. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric is lovely. Look forward to seeing it as a dress, such a nice pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een mooi stofje! Ga je die met de v-hals maken of de andere? Veel succes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very keen on making a Jumper Dress. I have not yet found an appropriate pattern. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I'm not much of sewer myself, but I want to contribute in my own small way, so I'm going to be doing a big post in early March that ties directly into Rochelle's wonderful 1940s sewalong. Can't wait to see more of your exciting project, dear Anthea.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't participated much in sewalongs either, they either falls bad in realtion to my planned sewing, or they follow a pattern I don't have. Love the idea of this one though, that it's not tied up to one pattern.
    Both the dress and the blouse looks lovely, hope you made progress during your three days off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I love about this Sewalong, just a bit more freedom compared to other Sewalongs.

      I didn't do as much as I wished, since my back and neck were hurting so much. But today I feel better and I started with sewing early this morning!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!