2.2.14

A 40s trio Part I

Things are a bit stabilizing over here, so I feel at some days well enough to do some sewing. I've been working on the coat for my mother in law, which is almost finished! But I can't find the shoulder pads I bought weeks ago. So this one is in a hold for some days. 



In the mean time I thought about some unfinished projects and came across three lovely projects which complements each other so well, that it really inspired me to start working on them again.


Today I want to (re-)introduce you to Vogue 6136. It's a blouse I started working on last summer. I made a muslin, but I had problems with finding suitable lace and therefore disappeared in the unfinished stash for some time.


The muslin turned out well, so no alterations were needed. Thus I could start right away this morning. I cut out all the pattern pieces and started making pin tucks on one sleeve. And I also added lace to the same sleeve. 

I just adore the result! I can't wait til this blouse is finished! 

20 comments:

  1. Ziet er goed uit! Ik ben zeer benieuwd naar het resultaat! Ik zou denk ik het geduld niet hebben voor al die pintucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel! Ik keek er ook wel tegenop. Maar het werkt wel ontspannend. Gewoon verstand op nul en dan gaan :)

      Delete
  2. It's really beautiful with the lace and when you'll wear it will look wonderfull and so Vintage!

    xoxo Emma
    littlemissbamboo.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I really love the combined details of lace and pin tucks. It makes an otherwise simple blouse much more special!

      Delete
  3. Oh boy, Anthea!! That sleeve is divine!!!
    It looks so feminine, yet sharp with the pintucks. I really love that detail, and it has given me inspiration! Glad to see you sewing again, you really are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The lace and the pintucks are such a lovely combination!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful to see you in the sewing mode! I love seeing how you make these vintage patterns come to life. Can't wait to see your final blouse! This is something on my very long to-do list. I think that is part of my problem, I need to stop looking at all these other vintage patterns on ebay and etsy and get cracking on my dress:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I don't think life will be long enough to make all the things on my list ;)

      Delete
  5. So beautiful! You've done such a lovely job. I can't wait to see the final blouse.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you're feeling better! I love the lace blouse! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning. I love this style of blouse, and I cannot wait to see what it looks like finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a simple blouse so much more intereting with the lace and pintucks :)

      Delete
  8. The sleeve with the lace looks so beautiful! Great to hear that you feel a bit better, also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty combination. It is going to look wonderful. Glad you are feeling like sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm thinking about making the short sleeved version in spring!

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful combination. I love perfectly aged looking fabrics and trims like this. They have a certain appealing, poetic sense of romance and timeless beauty to them.

    Big hugs & happy start of February wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!