27.2.14

A 40s Trio Part II

I already blogged about the first part of the 40s trio I'm working on at the moment. This trio will be a completed outfit consisting of a me made blouse, skirt and purse. 

The wobbly thing you see, is one part of the purse.

(I really like the clover crochet hooks. This is the first time using them and they are much more comfortable then regular ones)
When it's finished it should look like this!


Free pattern here
I hope I get something like the picture above, because at the moment it looks like a strange animal to me! Luckily Ingrid who blogs over at Couturette was of great help!

I will keep me fingers crossed and I hope I can show you an amazing purse when it's finished!

By the way, I really like the name of this pattern: Fan Fan

9 comments:

  1. Die gehaakte tassen zijn zo mooi! Ik ben heel erg benieuwd! Het staat ook op mijn lijstje om er een keer eentje te maken, helaas zal ik eerst fatsoenlijk moeten leren haken. Ze waren blijkbaar heel populair in de jaren 40 want er zijn er vrij veel te koop op etsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, klopt je ziet ze erg veel op Etsy! Het moeilijkste van haken vind ik het lezen van de patronen. Ik kan me er in het begin totaal geen voorstelling van maken. Maar als je het eenmaal doorhebt is het gemakkelijk, want het zijn vaak herhalingen van bepaalde steken.

      Delete
  2. Your projects once again amaze me! The purse looks so sweet and oldfashioned, I can't wait to see the finished thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will look as beautiful as in the illustration!

      Delete
  3. It looks very nice :) I can't crochet to save my life....
    Will be interesting to see your strange animal when it is finished ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will look the same as in the illustration :) Blocking will probably do the trick!

      Delete
  4. The Fan Fan is beautiful, I am sure yours will look just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's soooo splendidly pretty! I've always wanted a purse like this, too. the shape is so eye-catching, elegant and fun!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!