21.2.14

Finished Hooded Scarf

It has been months without finishing anything, and now I can present you another finished project already!
As you might have read earlier, I was craving for smaller knitting/crochet projects. And the hooded scarf was one of them. 

Hooded scarf and skirt made by Anthea

But I gave it a twist. I added Intarsia colorwork and crocheted a scalloped edge. So it's a total different scarf this way. Of course, I used my favourite colors. I planned the colorwork with my soft pink future coat in mind. I think they will be a great match!


I'm happy with the results. Only thing is, that winter is kind of over here, so probably it won't get out much. But it's ready for the next winter and hopefully my coat will be ready too!


Oh, I have also pictures without the jacket. I'm wearing my Dasha sweater. The skirt is also made by me. It's my first Lutterloh pattern I ever used. So there are plenty of prints going on there, but I kind of like it. 


Have a nice weekend!










22 comments:

  1. WOW! This is fantastic! You did a marvelous job!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very talented! Your whole outfit looks so put together and stylish. Pity winter is finishing for you, but you now have the excitement of knowing it's there next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaitlyn! Hopefully I can wear it next winter with my coat!

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful project and you must be really proud designing such a gorgeous pattern. I'm sure you will get lots of wear out of it, even if not this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun designing your own colorwork!

      Delete
  4. It's just beautiful! That colourwork is gorgeous - was that your own design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I googled some charts for roses and took them as inspiration and designed the chart.

      Delete
  5. Very lovely print and I bet it feels wonderful to complete these projects. You did a fabulous job with the design. This is a great idea to have a hood with a scarf. I like this. I can see how it is very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think this won't be the last hooded scarf I'm going to make. I really like the idea of a hood and scarf in one!

      Delete
  6. So beautiful! I love the colour work and the scalloped edge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly so beautiful! It has a timeless, almost fairy tale like quality to it that transforms it into a stunning work of art.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've said it before, but I will say it again; you are really talented!! Everything looks so lovely together, and is beautifully crafted! I loved seeing these photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so cute! It was my favorite amongst the patterns you showed for "easy, fast things one can do". Congratulations on having a finished Project, it really is the best feeling =)

    Also, I've been kind of absent from blogland the past months (as always, the Winter blues gets to me from mid january to mid March), but I've been reading your posts and loved the "best of" show, you've made some truly stunning pieces, and it's som much fun to see how style and sewing has progressed over the years. Thank you so much for sharing! Also, I've read about your health issues, and you're often in my mind these Days. Hope things will turn around with the change of seasons!

    Love, Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to hear from you again :) Last week I was doubting if I should leave a message at your blog because I was curious about how you were doing.

      Thank you for your kind words dear Erika!

      Delete
  10. I love what you have done with this scarf. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!