1.3.14

Finished: a 40s Trio Part I

Ok, this will be the last finished item for a while. I don't think I ever blogged so much about finished projects in such a short time. Well, sometimes everything comes together at the same time I guess.

Vogue 6136 Blouse and skirt made by Anthea

So I blogged a few times about this project. Last summer I wrote about the muslin I made. It ended up in the box with the unfinished projects, because I couldn't find suitable lace. And then, I kind of forgot about it. But after finishing the coat (a blogpost about this will follow later) for my mother in law, I took a look in the box with the unfinished projects and dug this one up. 


Vogue 6136 Blouse and skirt made by Anthea

I also saw an unfinished skirt which would be lovely with this blouse and with the crochet purse it's a perfects set. Hence the name of a 40s trio. I really like the idea of a complete me made outfit. But I want to discover other options with these projects as well, so I won't stick to one single outfit. And the skirt is far from finished, thus I had to pick something else.
Therefore I choose my dark blue skirt to go with the blouse. I hope you are not bored of this skirt yet, because it appears a lot on my blog. Lets jus say it is a succesful piece that belongs to my wardrobe staple.


Vogue 6136 Blouse and skirt made by Anthea
Don't mind the bruises, I was playing with our dog recently

For a very long time I wanted to sew a white/creme blouse because it's so easy to combine with other garments. It's a real basic. But I didn't feel like sewing a plain blouse. No it had to be something special. When I came across this pattern on Etsy last year I knew I had to buy it. I really love the lace details and the pin tucks.


Vogue 6136 Blouse made by Anthea


Sewing was a bit time consuming because of all the details, but I finished it really quick. Normally I'm much slower with sewing. I think I was in a good flow. Everyday I did one or two steps of the instructions. And I made a muslin so I knew what to do.

Detail of Vogue 6136 made by Anthea

I'm quite happy with the result and I want to sew the short sleeved version as well. Luckily, I don't have to search for lace again because I was smart enough to buy more lace when I found the right one. 

Vogue 6136 Blouse and skirt made by Anthea

Enjoy your weekend!


29 comments:

  1. Ik zag hem al op flickr, hij is werkelijk prachtig geworden! En je bent mooi gestyled in deze foto's, dat kapsel staat je heel erg goed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel! Mijn krullen waren mislukt, dus moest even wat anders bedenken :)

      Delete
  2. that blouse is sooo beautiful.. i really love how those lace inserts, especially at the back! great job, lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful blouse, well done on the finish it looks perfect. I've been stalling on a blouse myself (nothing like as complicated as yours) and you have inspired me to pull my finger out and get sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck with your blouse! Love to see yours when it;s finished!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful pattern. Love the pin tucks and the lace inserts, a great idea to spice up a otherwise plain blouse.
    And it fits you very well. The Peter Pan collar and the tiny bow really match your face and hairstyle.
    And no, I am not yet bored of the skirt, I love the cut and the box pleats? Is it made after a Lutterloh-Pattern as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Yes those are box pleats. It's not a Lutterloh pattern. I drafted it myself when I was inspired by the Simplicity 4828 skirt pattern.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! I love the details. They really make this blouse special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did such a wonderful job. The blouse is gorgeous and it looks stunning on you. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lace insert is just the perfect color for your blouse, amazing in itself. I love how you adapted the pattern to include this. Tucks seem so complicated because you have to be so symmetrical about them. You know what I really also like is the lace insert in the sleeve area. Lovely! Well done, a toast to you! Please come to Gertie's with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It's very difficult to get even pintucks. I believe there are special sewing machin feet to creat pin tucks. But I don't have such a tool.

      Delete
  8. Wow, what a lovely blouse! You did a superb job, especially with all the detailing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blouse. You look lovely wearing it. I follow your blog regularly and just love the patterns you use and the fabric combinations you select. I have just started blogging from Scotland and would be honoured if you would follow me at
    Anniesinstitches.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soooo beautiful! I just love the lace running down the front and the back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's just lovely - beautifully made and so elegant and flattering on you. Your dressmaking skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blouse is amazing! The lace is beautiful, and the pin tucks must have taken ages to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That blouse is spectacular! Well done!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so talented, your blouse is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous! That blouse looks (and I say this as a wholly positive thing) like an heirloom that one's great-grandma might have just taken out her hope chest in the attic and handed to you. Amazing, immensely special creation, dear Anthea.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ADORE the way this blouse turned out! The lace, the tucks! The cinched waist! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!